It's a Pearson Halloween

I married into a great family whose motto is, "anything worth doing is worth overdoing". This is a motto they live by, ask anyone who knows them! This year's Halloween party was no exception.

Pete and Shellie threw the party early this year as Tyler's sister, Melissa, and her family were here for the weekend from New York. Up went the graveyard on the front lawn, and up went "Mike" and "Harry" by the front door to greet and create mayhem for the children.

The kids have started to wear their costumes to the party so we can all see what the kids are going to be for Halloween. Talmage and Eric of course elect to be something gruesome, and well...not living...for their costumes. Talmage has never wanted to dress up as something cute like Thomas the Train or a Power Ranger. He always wants to be something that will make you shriek and run with fear. Likewise his little brother has followed this trend. This year Talmage is a Zombie, and Eric is a skeleton.



I still have an influence as to what Maidie will be. She is Princess Leia this year. (No not the skanky Princess Leia that sits by Jabba the Hut, the nice...fully dressed Leia from the first Star Wars movie.) Thank you Katie for the "traveling Princess Leia" costume.


This year's party started out as usual with our dining on several different buffet items. Such as: "Zombie cellulite", (a very yummy artichoke dip...new to the buffet this year) "Ghoul Brains", (a chili and cream cheese dip) and drinking "Bat Urine" (an apple cider, sprite, and dry ice concoction). I never tire of the fun created by this dinner.

As the evening progressed we noticed our cute Maidie Ann was not feeling her best, (notice above picture) and we suspected that she had another ear infection. We decided that I would take one for the team, leave the party, and take her to urgent care. Thank heaven for doctors who work late! We were able to confirm it was an ear infection and start another round of antibiotics that night.

While Maidie and I were away the Pearson's partied on! The adults carved pumpkins for the pumpkin carving contest and the smaller folk created their own personalized cookies and place mats.




Thanks Pete and Shellie for another great party!

10 comments:

Heather said...

I love Maidie's costume, she looks so cute. Talmage & Eric both look very gruesome. I think Lindsey would probably be terrified. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Becky and Bryce said...

Wow that looks so fun. Isn't it fun to dress up a little girl for Halloween!!!

Snyder-mom said...

It's so funny how the boys always want to be scary evil.
I absolutely love that the Pearson family has an annual Halloween get together. What an awesome family you are all a part of.
Your kiddos are darling!! :)

Talbot Family said...

I must confess that I too had a blast as always. Talmage's costume is amazing! You forgot to mention that Tyler managed to take 2nd place in the carving and win a whopping $10.00. Lucky bugger. You were missed when you had to leave, but I am glad that miss Maidie Ann is feeling better.

The Bliss Family said...

The Pearson clan is definitely a fun group! I always envy your family parties! You all look like you have so much fun together. Your kids costumes are great!

Ty Pearson said...

Ashley you weren't supposed to mention my winnings. Now I have to share the loot!

Mandy said...

Poor Maidie! The reason why she got an ear infection is because she really wanted to be skanky leia! How cute, but sad. Is she going to have to have tubes?

Momberger said...

That is so fun! All of your kids have awesome costumes! I just love 'em. I hope baby is feeling better. Nothing more sad than a sick babay and I dont even have one!

Kaarina said...

What a fun tradition! Love, love the buns on that cute, non-skanky little princess!

Emcognito said...

Wow! I love Talmage's costume - very scary. My boys would be impressed. And of course I'm fond of Princess Leia myself...brings back memories. Cute, cute, cute!

 
©2009 The Pearson Family | by TNB