My Boys, the Scholars

Oh, the joys of my small children going back to school!Talmage started the 1st grade on August 26th at Westland Elementary. His teacher's name is Mrs. Tidwell. He has really been enjoying school this year, especially recess and the occasional hot lunch. He'll come home and tell me that he's had the "best meal of my whole life". How can I compete with the Jordan School District's lunch menu? I'm not even going to try.

Eric started his first year of school at Jacque's preschool. He was really excited to go and couldn't wait for me to leave. His favorite parts of school are the snacks (my favorite part of the day as well) and his blue scissors. I hope Mrs. Jacque quickly realizes that everything Eric holds in his hands becomes a weapon of mass destruction. On Tuesday they are having a "Teddy Bear picnic" and he can't wait to take Mr. Bear.

It's fun to watch my kids grow and I'm amazed at all they are able to accomplish at their young ages. I will miss our afternoons of play-dough and Mr. Tiki Head, but I won't miss the all-out-knock-down-brawls of young brothers who spend a little too much time together!

And now I have a little more time to make Joyce's home made rolls.....


7 comments:

Mandy said...

Rolls indeed! Let the boys be gone for hours!

Beth and Jess said...

Hey Pearsons,

It's awesome to be able to see what you are up to. You seem like you are doing great and have a beautiful family. I was just thinking the other day of our trip to St George. All I remember is raquetball and Little Shop of Horrors. Man that was a long time ago. Keep in touch.

Heather said...

Sounds like Sherri needs to ask those lunch ladies for some of their recipes. Yummy Hot Lunch!! Hey Talmage-We are totally diggin' the Transformers backpack. Good choice.

Talbot Family said...

What a couple of studly budlies. Talmage looks so grown up and Eric looks so liberated. I can't wait to hear how quickly his teacher learns that his name is not just Eric, but is Eric the Red. Keep working on the meals, so much competition. I have faith in you.

The Bliss Family said...

It sounds like you will have an almost empty house for a few hours! That will be fun to be able to spend some time with just you and that sweet Maidie! Tell the boys good luck in school for us! How have you been feeling? I hope you are well. You can still let us know if you need anything.

Becky and Bryce said...

I seriously am speechless as to how OLD Eric is now!!! WOW!!!! I wouldn't have even recognized him. I still was thinking of him as such a little baby!!! SOoo cute

Emcognito said...

Boys gone...only one child...these are the days to remember! Bring on the home made rolls!

 
©2009 The Pearson Family | by TNB