The Ugly Second Toe


Ah, this picture pretty much says it all! All my life I have been a victim of the "bossy toe". My second toe takes away all the glory and prestige of my "big toe." It's just not right; a toe should not be that long.

Luckily, when I'm feeling down and blue about not being able to wear a certain shoe because my toe won't allow such a fashion choice, I remember there is someone out there who shares my pain.....my sister Heather.

Tyler and I went to Gurnee, Illinois (a suburb of Chicago) last month to visit my sister, Heather, and her family. While there we went shoe shopping and got the giggles as to how ugly our feet were. The lady working at the Famous Footwear store tried to convince us that our feet weren't THAT unusual looking. So, we snapped a quick picture of our not-so-unusual feet side by side. This picture confirms it though, we do indeed have ugly feet.

So....who's is uglier? Hers or mine? The left or the right? Heather's foot is on the left, mine is on the right. At least I don't suffer alone!

5 comments:

Becky and Bryce said...

Sherri... only you would post such a hilareous post!!! I love it, but seriously both feet look identical to me. Miss you!!!

The Vance Family said...

Hmmm... Heather's does have a beauty mark, whatever, maybe you both need to have a bad paint job and post again, because they both looke better than mine! Why do we get old people feet? Mine are so dry... I remember when I used to where flip flops 3/4 of the year long and my feet were nice and soft!!! Now I have to exfoliate every night!

The Bliss Family said...

That is a funny post! I think both feet look like they came from the same person. . .how funny that you two have the exact same feet!

Mandy said...

I EMBRACE my longer second toe. We call it the dancer's foot. There isn't a shoe out there that I couldn't wear. I LOVE SHOES!

Mandy said...

BTW- Neither foot is ugly.

 
©2009 The Pearson Family | by TNB